Looking to Upgrade or Downsize?
Which Choice is Right for You?
We know that each person’s perspective on what upgrading and downgrading means is specific to each individual’s outlook. That is why we focus on getting to know our clients and their motivation in searching for a new home. We will help guide your decision, provide market expertise, and provide the most information possible so you can be confident in your decision.
Upgrading Pros and Cons
Sometimes upgrading can mean simply getting a larger space, but it could also mean moving to a different type of neighborhood. Whatever your reasoning may be, the pros and cons of upgrading should be considered.
Pros of Upgrading Your Home
- You can grow into it.
- More room for a growing family.
- The potential for a home office if you need to work from home.
- Additional accommodations for guests and entertaining.
- More storage.
- Better resale value.
Cons of Upgrading Your Home
- Larger price tag.
- More expensive to maintain.
- Higher utility bills.
- More expensive to repair.
- Higher cost to furnish and decorate.
- Potential for unnecessary or unwanted space.